Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Quilt Expo

The Quilt Expo in conjunction with Bernina's Sewing machines 75th Anniversary was held at the Corus Hotel, Jalan Ampang, KL from 6th - 9th Sept. 2007. Went there on 7th Sept with the main purpose to attend the Thread painting workshop. Paid RM120 for this workshop which gave us a kit of 9pcs 6"x6" of cotton fabric, 6 spools of Metler threads, a large piece of muslin, a hoop and some stabilizer. The instructor showed us how to 'paint' on the fabric using the Bernina 440 It looked very easy, but when I tried the piece was a disaster! Lucky, I 'painted' from the corner, therefore was able to savage some of the fabric which I believed were American cotton.
Since the workshop was only 2 hours and I had plenty of time to 'kill' before coming home, I bought the Christmas ball kit to make. The kit costs RM20.00 which consisted of a polystyrene ball and 3 sets of 2" x 2" cotton fabric and some pins. It was easy to make as it only involved folding the fabric and pinning it to the polystyrene ball!



Before leaving, I bought some buttons and charms, the heart shape
yo-yo maker (small),a tin of spray glue and the plastic for the rim of the Ort bag.
Didn't get any fabric though as what they have there were not to my taste. Were looking for Amy Butler and Kaffe Fassett, but they did not carry them. What they had were quite dated and the novelty prints which I saw were cats!


Had lunch with Seng Fong whom I had not seen for sometime, before going to the Expo. We took the opportunity to update each other on our news.

No comments: